SC - Russian dishes

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 06:03:09 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/24/99 2:46:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< My general
 impression is that where new food crops had a substantial advantage over
 old ones, as potatoes in some areas clearly did, they could go into use
 pretty fast. Peasants may be conservative, but they are also hungry >>

Agreed, I did not consider potatoes in my point.  And once given the potatoes
to plant, they would have had to.  After all few of the peasants owned their
own land or had much control over it.

Frederich