SC - distillation

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 07:08:26 PDT 1999

>I'm kind of inclined to agree with Ras here (gasp!). It's not that >I'm
>certain that the pH and alcohol  levels of wines, ales, etc., are >not
>conducive to the growth of pathogenic life forms, nor that they >couldn't
>produce potentially fatal toxins. It's just that I've never >heard of this
>happening (not surprising!). Maybe there's something >that produces a
>spectrum of chemical toxins that no one in their >right mind would actually
>drink (i.e. wine reeking, say, of hydrogen >sulfide). Can you name a
>bacterium of the type you're referring to? >Maybe it's something not known
>to al Sayyid Aaq'l... ;  )

*sighs* I don't know the exact names of the bacteria, but yes they can live
in grape juice, barley juice, or dilluted honey with spices added.  Also
some wild yeasts produce different alchohols that go unnoticed and can cause
harmful effects.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"