SC - re: OT magazines

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:31:50 PDT 1999

'Laineie wrote:

>Would that happen to be _The Mother Earth News_? I have a collection
(currently in storage) of old ones from the mid-70's to the very early
80's. I dropped the subscription when they went yuppified and spent more
time on 'causes' and SUV and ATV ads than in the old recipes and hints and
gardening tips and how to build your own cabin (from cordwood and pig
droppings, complete with a cozy woodstove!) for less than ten dollars. Now
_those_ were the days! Fine magazines.

No, actually, a fairly recent issue (as in, the past few years) of wither
Grass Roots or Earth Garden. I got a pile of both from the library the other
day, and have been doing a lot of reading about pink cakes (the
beetroot...), goats, composting toilets, cures for lice and other things of
great use to a city dweller with about five square metres of concrete
covered courtyard...

Kylie