SC - Weekend of Wisdom Feast

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 19:02:21 PDT 1999

May I second this good lady's words and opinions!!!
I helped in the kitchen ('tho not as much as I would have liked) and Lord Ras
was a steadying presence and a great teacher. Even though all were pressed
for time, trying to get the feast dishes cooked on time, My Lord Ras took the
time to point out special things to those in the kitchen. Giving us the
chance to see and experiecne things we might otherwise not have gotten to see
or experience. He turned what could have been a harried, stressful time into
a wonderful learning experience.
Vivats!!  For a job well done!!

Phillipa Seton

>  I had the great privilege and honor of working alongside Lord Ras as
>  Co-kitchen Steward at the Weekend of Wisdom event in the Shire of Abhainn
>  Ciach Ghlais, in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc, this last weekend.  The Feast,
> as
>  posted on this list was "A French Repast."  It was sold out days before
the
>  event took place.
>
>  Lord Ras is an excellent Teacher, Steward and Artisan.  His leadership and
>  organization skills lead us through the feast preparation with poise and
>  seasoned expertise.  From this Cook's list, Cadoc and Lady Seton also
worked

>  with us as did Kathryn a revered and older Lady, and her grandson Jeff,
from

>  the Shire.  HRH Thorstein and several other hard working individuals also
>  assisted.
>
>  Both Ras and myself took the two main meat dishes, Ras taking the George
>  Bruet and myself, with Kathryn's assistance, taking on the Goat dish.
Jeff
>  did a spectacular job of cooking and endoring the Boar's head (half yellow
>  and half green) and also carried the "piece de resistance" up to the High
>  Table amid gasps of surprise and delight from the feasters.  The flambe
>  effect that emanated from the Enraged Boar's mouth into the candlelit
dining

>  hall was truly a magical moment for all of us.  :-)
>
>  Cadoc was a quiet steady strength in the kitchen.  He made both the
> delicious
>  White Leeks Bruet and the Rissoles (with Jeff's help), and also was always
>  ready to help in anything that was asked of him.
>
>  I want to say also that it is to Ras and all of the cooks' credit that the
>  feast was accomplished on time, and with no major glitches, (except a
switch

>  in the vegetable and grain dishes between the two platters) as our
>  preparation time was cut short by some 3 1/2 hours because the hall had to
> be
>  closed earlier than anticipated on the Friday night.  We all worked
together

>  like clockwork.  I don't think there could have been a better crew.  :-)
> And
>  I think we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  To me that's what it is all
>  about. :-)
>
>  Finally, I have to take this opportunity to send my congratulations to
Lord