SC - Recipe 3-Weelend of Wisdom

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Tue Oct 26 11:18:47 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> SALT CELLARS
> Copyright 1999 L. J. Spencer, Jr.

>snip

>  The idea for these salt cellars comes from either Du Fait de Cuisine or Le
> Menagier, IIRC.

>snip

> Cut top from rolls. Hollow out rolls being careful not to break through the
> crust. Allow shell to dry completely. Fill with salt. Insert banner in each
> salt cellar.

M'lord,
I have used bread in the same manner as above, but filled it with butter instead
of salt.  If using a rectangular banner you can give the effect of a boat with
sails unfurled (useful for displaying Barony devices and so forth)

If you do find the reference for this, I would be most grateful to receive it

Sounds like a great feast and HOW was the effect of the Boar's head breathing
fire obtained or is it a 'trade' secret?

Lorix :-)