SC - Freezing bread dough, was Healthy cooking

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Wed Sep 1 02:37:24 PDT 1999

At 12:22 25-8-1999 PDT, Bonne wrote:
>Next event, I want to try baking bread!   Depends on which of the usual
>sites I'm at.   My co-cook is cooking an event this fall, and has been
>baking two loaves of russian black bread a week and freezing them in her
>deep freeze.

That's what my lady did for the feast she did down in Marinus a few years
ago - she made loaves of saffrom bread and manchet (both recipes, I think,
came from *Seven Centuries of English Cooking*) ahead of time, and froze
them until the event.

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable