SC - german/prussian recipe, help needed

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 16:15:19 PDT 1999

Hi all. A few questions for this most knowledgeable list:

* Is anyone familiar with Phyllis Bober's _Art, Culture and Cuisine:
Ancient and Medieval Gastronomy_? It sounds very interesting, but is also
very pricey. Is it worth getting? How much of it covers SCA-period
material? I'm planning a buying spree...

* Does anyone have a reasonably comprehensive list of mediaeval recipe
collections? I presume such must exist somewhere, but have never actually
heard of any.

* Has anyone translated the appendix to Millham's edition of Platina,
which is for the Latin words, not English?

* Finally, has anyone got a list of recipes which specify what changes
can be made to make them suitable for a non-meat day? I'm after some
period guidelines as to what to do when adapting recipes for vegetarians.

Thanks in advance,
Edward Long-hair
Southron Gaard, Caid

 Phil Anderson  ***  hairy at sloth.southern.co.nz