SC - german/prussian recipe, help needed

Helen helen at directlink.net
Wed Sep 1 21:32:21 PDT 1999

> Lord Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >Well apparently not, since he has posted his recipes for these two spice
> >mixtures and others on this list previously. Check this file in the PLANTS,
> >HERBS AND SPICES section of my Florilegium:
> Thanks for telling me where to look. Would it be possible to work in a bit
> of cross-indexing? When I looked there before I assumed that I would find
> spices under food.
>
> Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon

I'm not sure of a good way to do cross-indexing. I can list files in multiple
areas, but some areas such as FOOD are so big that I'm already working on
reducing the number of files in them so they can be more quickly scanned.

Most files now have a sentance at the top of the file suggesting other files
that cover similar subjects.

One way that may be easier if you are strictly looking through the webpages
for a file is to use the filelist. The current filelist is available on
each page of the website. It lists each file with it's size, the date it
was last updated and a short description. You can print this off. Many
people prefer to do this as they find it easier to look through a paper
listing than multiple web screens. After you download it, you could also
use a word processor to search it for particular words, "spice" in this
instance. Using the filelist may be getting more difficult though since
it is now 24 pages or so.

The search tool which is on the site right now is not very good. Someday
I'll see about improving it.

Oh yes. If anyone has wanted to use the Florilegium, but thought they
couldn't because they didn't have web access, all they have to do is
send me email and I'll send any of the files that way, including the
filelist. This will be slower than going directly to the site especially
if I'm busy on my end, but you can get the files that way.

I am certainly open to any suggestions or ideas. I an an engineer,
not a librarian, so I'm learning my way through this.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****