SC - SC Re: New CA: French Food in the Renaissance

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Sep 3 01:15:05 PDT 1999

In a message dated 09/03/1999 1:54:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
acrouss at gte.net writes:

<<
 You should make the eggs...they're to die for...:)
 --AM >>
    Just did, as part of the Royal Lunch at our local event! Definitely
yummy, though I seemed to need a bit more liquid for my yolks to become
smooth. But I was glad to see more justifications for adding the vinegar in
as a seasoning--they just didn't taste "right" to my modern palate without
it! ;-)
    One major change I did make (Other than using different herbs than you
did--basically using what I had, including more sorrel), was to substitute
olive oil for the butter. The test batch was great at the room temp I was
originally tasting it at, but the butter made it seem unpleasantly greasy
when well chilled. And I didn't dare serve them warm at the event for
safety's sake--they had to be able to sit out for a couple of hours. So, I
used olive oil and put them on a bed of ice. Worked out fine! :-)

    Now, any suggestions on what to do with the leftover filling?!? It's way
to good to throw out! ;-)

                    Ldy Diana