SC - NAZI-NAZI-NAZI

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 17:12:19 PDT 1999

"Alderton, Philippa" wrote:

> May I suggest, that instead of period Nazi, or period Police or any of those
> other phrases, we use something fairly politically innocuous, such as Snark
> or Boojum, for the purposes, at least, of the Cook's List? <snip>

I'm sorry my dear snuggle bunnie, but I like Nazi. I don't behold the beleif
that 'Calling a rose by anyother name will smell just as sweet.,' will hold
here. Any simpleton knows that 'Nazi' is 'Bad'. I say call a 'spade' a 'spade'.
I think you have never seen the 'Manchurian Canadate' or read '1984'. 'Nazi'
they are 'Nazi' they will be. If you start by giving them a new name the waters
will become muddy and a newbie will not understand why this person is refeered
to as a 'X'. They might think that this is the equalivant to 'Peerage' in a
certain kingdom. I say let the nick 'Nazi' stick until you can defend your flame
post in public and let the populace remove it for you. Yes folks you heard it
from me, 'Guilty first until proven innocent'. This is a new way of
communicating with many people. As a vocal being, we have to rely on, somantics
and tonal inflections to communicate our ideas across to another person. TYPE
SUCKS!
I feel that if you post a flame ( or the person takes it as a flame ), you
should be able to back up your claim properly. If you are 'flamed' or feel you
have been 'flamed' then you should take it up with your 'adversary'. If they
cannot come back with anything more than, "Well I think...:', you won, they lost
and everyone on the list knows that your adversary is a d*psh*t.

Badger

I am Homer of Borg. Prepare to be... ooooohh, doughnuts!