SC - EINTOPF history & recipe

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Mon Sep 6 11:58:07 PDT 1999

Ras wrote:
>Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! This is one area my recipe books and files
>are in great need of increase! :-)

I´ve got a real wartime Eintopf recipe, mostly pig snouts and tails, beans
and rutabagas - do you want it?

Actually, Eintopf was neither invented by Nazi home economists nor did
Germans stop cooking it after the war - there are a lot of modern Eintopf
recipes, many of them quite good.

(The Nazis seem to have been very interested in what people were cooking in
their homes - one of my favorite German words, Suppentopfscnüffelei (prying
into cooking-pots), dates from this era.)

Nanna