SC - Ras's Pennsic Drooling

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 12:43:08 PDT 1999

The most Wise and Noble Raz wrote:
> but I am wondering why so few people in the SCA (or on this for that
matter) do not use redacted recipes by other SCA cooks when preparing their
feasts? It just seems strange to me considering that most published works
are  little more 'authentic' than the work done outside the field and most
are not as tasty as those that the people on this list have shared.<

        I know for myself,  I would feel the need to ask each and every
person whose work/recipe I may use for a public forum.  That feels a bit
overwhelming  -- esp if there was no other way to contact them than via this
list, and they may no longer be subscribed.   I unabashedly use recipes for
myself, and my own small groups' camp meals,  but may hesitate in using them
for a Feast, until I get permission.

    I have a good size notebook crammed full of pages o'recipies taken from
this list,  and still a whole backlog in memory/disc.   And I think  my
notebook is as valuable as any other of my sought after "store bought"
cookbooks.  And I would like to point out to you, that all the published
cookbooks that we discuss are  *not* available to all.  Sources and price
keeps some of the books unavailable to us poor petioners.

    Stepping back now

    Caointiarn