SC - Medlars and Sorb Apples

Mon Sep 6 15:06:06 PDT 1999

Stephan,

This is just my opinion and from memory.  I believe that foods cooked in a
dough are period.  Whether these specific recipes were used, I cannot say.

This or course brings up the old argument, Is it period like to use
ingredients that were known to be used in a given period and place.  Say
Russia or Poland for this example.  I.e. If it can be found that they made
piroshkis like dishes.  Can we use things that they probably would have used
in ways they would have?  Must have documentation for this.  REPEAT, I am not
suggestion that we mix and match to make a modern dish seem medieval.

Frederich