SC - That evil word.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 7 11:11:02 PDT 1999

You know, sometimes coming back on the list after a long
weekend makes me feel like a parent coming home after
a long day at work (Wait until your FATHER gets home!)
Sometimes people need a swat on the bottom even though
it's long after the fact. I'm certainly glad I usually wait until
I read all of the posts before I respond.

I must remind everyone to play nice and watch what you say
even if your dander gets up. If you post something in the heat
of anger, irritation or excitement I ask you re-read the post
and take out the elements of possible insult while getting
the logic of your point across.

As to the dreaded "N" word. I have thought about this and
the possible variations and decided that the proper word for
someone who is insultingly authentic, even when wrong,
is "Boor". So a Food Boor is one who will rake a cook or
feast over the coals in a manner to discourage someone from
trying again. Usually someone who gets a sense of power
by running others down. "Snob" has similar connotations
but can be used in an amusing way.

So, on this list, when a person wishes to use the term
"Period Nazi" or somesuch, the word will be "Boor".

I don't know or care if this is properly PC, correct usage
or anything else. This is my sandbox and that's the rule.

Any questions?

Yers,

Gunthar
Grumpy List Administrator

(PS, my thanks to those who stepped in and brought on-topic
items and courtesy back to the list in my absence.)