SC - Missing Phlip

Chris and Trish Makowski roecourt at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 7 15:32:30 PDT 1999

>From the Tavern Yard, our daily dose of historical notes, and this one
came up with an anniversary for His Grace (all the way at the end)
Christianna

Happy Birthday to...
   Horus's Birthday (Ancient Egypt)
   In 1471 Frederik I king of Denmark/Norway
   In 1533 Queen Elizabeth I of England
   In 1631 Clemens Thieme composer (And it wasn't "Oh my Darling")

On this day...
   In 3114 Presumed origin of Mayan "long count" calendar system (BCE)
   In 0069 Conquest of Jerusalem by Titus
   In 0871 Black Zanji (Kharijite) rebels capture and sack Basrah
   In 1151 Death of Geoffrey Plantagenet, Count of Anjou
   In 1159 Ottaviano de Montecello elected as antiPope
   In 1191 ARSOUF (Richard I of England defeats Saladin)
   In 1191 STRYMON (William II of Sicily defeated by Byzantines)
   In 1295 Angels move the home of Mary and Joseph to Loretto, Italy
   In 1298 CURZOLA (Genoa defeats Venice)
   In 1298 Death of Dandolo, Venetian Admiral, at Curzola
   In 1298 Marco Polo captured by Genoese, at Curzola
   In 1303 Pope Boniface VIII seized by agents of Phillip, "the Fair,"
King of France
   In 1312 Death of Ferdinand IV, King of Castile
   In 1496 Death of Ferdinand II, King of Naples
   In 1493 Death of Frederick IV, Holy Roman Emperor
   In 1497 Perkin Warbeck lands at Sennen, Cornwall
   In 1502 Amerigo Vespucci returns to Lisbon, Portugal
   In 1543 Duke Willem of Gulik surrenders to emperor Charles V
   In 1548 Death of Catherine Parr, widow of Henry VIII, King of England
   In 1571 LEPANTO (Europeans defeat Turks)
   In 1574 Death of Pedro Menendez de Aviles, founder of St. Augustine,
Florida
   In 1581 Fr. Juan de Santa Maria leaves the Rodrigues-Chamuscado foray
   In 1598 Dedication of the Church of San Juan Baustisa, New Mexico
   In 1603 Execution of Marco Caltizzone, pretender to the throne of
Portugal
   In 1630 Boston, Massachusetts, founded and named
   In 1644 Death of Cardinal Guido Bentivoglio
   In 1652 Battle of Monte Christo: Dutch fleet under J van Galen beat
English
   In 1655 Tristan l'Hermite, French dramatist, poet, dies at about 54
   In 1969 Coronation of Cariadoc of the Bow as first King of the Middle
Kingdom (SCA)

- --
Gryffri de Newmarch
http://www2.gasou.edu/SCA