SC - Today in Medieval History

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 8 04:24:12 PDT 1999

> It has been my experience here in my area that people are more willing to
> try a period dish that is a dessert kinda thing...I am wooing some new
> members into period cooking with a workshop Thurs. night...my question is
> this--What are the list members favorite early period sweet dishes?  I say
> early period because I plan to hold several workshops and wanted to kinda
> work my way through English history.
> I am very anxious to hear all responses.
> Thanks in advance,
> gwyneth

I absolutely love flathonys.  Look in Cariadoc's "Miscelleny" for a good
redaction.  Mistress Christianna also redacted an ember-day flathon, and it,
too, was smashing.  Perhaps she will be so good as to share her source and
her recipe. I have a hard time not eating an entire flathon by myself.

Rhiannon