SC - Recipes for period Bear Meat - long

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 8 20:53:40 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/8/99 10:15:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
phlip at morganco.net writes:

<< No, the ones I have heard of were strictly meat and herbs- nothing else,
 though I think one of them added ale or small beer. >>

Since it has been 16 years since I made Bear Stew for my first feast I have
long lost the reference but I do recall that it had onions and ale to cover.
Some spices (galengal, pepper, etc., and hyssop). No other veggies or herbs
for that matter. It was simmered until the meat fell apart. It was great
food! :-)

<<Again, I'd have to look
 the sources up,  >>

Ditto on that. It would be a while before I would be able to supply the
source. Sorry.