SC - Computerized recipe thing

Peldyn@aol.com Peldyn at aol.com
Wed Sep 8 21:19:09 PDT 1999

I am glad to see Peers that will go the literal "extra mile" with their
students.  My Lord and I live in the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas.  The nearest
group is a small (new) Incipient group made up of young college students.  The
nearest groups with any Peerage is a 3 hours drive one way.  My own Pelican
lives in Atlanta, GA and my husband's Knight (hubby is a squire) live in almost
center Mississippi.  We all work very hard to make the relationships work.  The
Knight travels north and my husband travels south to meet in the Middle as often
as possible.  They talk on the computer and on the telephone and keep each other
posted on what they bother need and require.  As a protégé my service to my Peer
is service to the Society.  I keep her posted to what I am doing, how I am
doing, seek her advice and counsel...attempt to follow it, serve where I can.
We have both been in the SCA a great many years and this helps.  I can see if
the student is young in age, experience, etc. and might need more "hands-on"
guidance, that a "closer" Peer would be preferred.  But there are many SCAdian
out there in the middle of nowhere that could still benefit from the formal
relationship with a Peer.  My Lord and I consider ourselves very lucky to have
Peers that understand and work with us.

THLady Rayne
Meridies