SC - Recipes for period Bear Meat to be used in

Chris and Trish Makowski roecourt at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 9 01:19:09 PDT 1999

In a message dated 09/08/1999 6:50:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
HICKS_M at casa.gov.au writes:

<< Why the geographic proximity?  Is it something to do with cross-Kingdom
 politics or is it simply that cooking is a hands-on activity?

 Have any of you taken on a cooking apprentice that isn't in the same
 geographic area? >>

I have been honored to have a number of wonderful proteges, all of whom have
a love of cooking, autocratting and other things that I hold dear. When we
started our association, we were all in Atlantia. Time passed and I am now in
Trimaris and my proteges in Atlantia, Meridies and Ansteorra. They are all
still wonderful, I just don't see them enough. This year, Dame Winifred
received the Pelican in Atlantia, and Mistress Clarissa received the Laurel
(for cooking!) in Ansteorra. Lady Qaylah is working hard at bringing period
cooking to her part of Tennessee and I have no doubt she will be recognized
in good time for her contributions to Meridies. Each has made me proud and
humbled by their achievements. But I think if we had not started in close to
the same place, our friendship and our society relationships would never have
been as rich. That said, I would consider a distant protege, but it would
most likely not have the same tight bond that these ladies brought to my life
in the Society.

Of course, your mileage may vary...  ::grin::

In Service,

Meghan