SC - oop recipe request toaster Biscuits

Helen helen at directlink.net
Fri Sep 10 15:18:13 PDT 1999

Helen asked:
>>     Any bakers out there want to tell me what a toaster Biscuit is?

and Maggie MacD. responded:
>I'm not sure the toaster biscuit is still available commercially. About ten
>years ago there was a bakery product introduced by Oroweat, supposedly from
>Australia, called a 'toaster biscuit'. It was a very light, fluffy and soft
>english muffin shaped object that had a stronger 'bread' flavor than your
>average english muffin.  They were nice, but ... too expensive. I haven't
>seen them the last few years, sorry.

Well, i just saw them last week in a local supermarket in the SF Bay Area
(Andronico's). I had never seen "toaster biscuits" before. They look like a
cross between an English muffin and the spongy commercial crumpets that are
also sold here. (are real crumpets that soft and pasty white?)

I don't own a toaster and am not much of a bread eater (bring on the rice
and couscous), so i haven't tried them.

They may have been Orowheat, i do occasionally buy their Health Nut English
Muffins (but without raisins - i don't like the sweet stuff much), but i
didn't really notice.

Good luck at solving this.

Anahita