OT Re: SC - lime, but not THAT lime

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 11 10:29:09 PDT 1999

Ann Sasahara wrote:

> I was getting at humour.  The ;-) and <G> were insufficient?
>
> Ariann

Ordinarily, yes, they would be sufficient! It's just that as people
begin to rely on such aids, their meanings change too. I know lots of
people on this list who use them when semi-serious, or using humor to
make a serious point. I couldn't quite tell for sure which type of humor
you seemed to be slinging, so I thought I'd at least entertain the
possibility that you were serious.

On the other hand, if I'd said, "That's silly, you _must_ be joking!",
I'd have been in deep doo-doo if you'd actually been serious, wouldn't I?

Every so often life is unclear...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy