SC - Russian embassy meal

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Sep 12 20:12:30 PDT 1999

This weekend, I baked an Almond Butter Cake for Rosh Hashanah.  It
was pretty tasty, and I would definitely make it again for company
occasions.  It's a sort of pound cake with almond paste in it, and the
aforementioned paste is the most expensive ingredient in it.  I was
wondering if a satisfactory homemade version could be produced in my
Cuisinart.  Any tips?  I checked the Florilegeum and found nothing.  A
web search produced too much -- most of it was recipes *using* almond
paste, and the few recipes for making it had ingredients like eggs, which
did not appear on the label of the stuff I bought on Friday.  I would be
grateful for some guidance.

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)