SC - Almond Paste

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Mon Sep 13 20:55:41 PDT 1999

- --- "Alderton, Philippa" <phlip at morganco.net> wrote:
> Huette says:
>
> >I am not sure that you can serve vodka or any other
> alcoholic beverage at an SCA event anymore, per a
> recent BoD ruling.  It was stated that no alcoholic
> beverage can be served at banquets, given as gifts
> Monarchs, or offered as a prize or offered at an
> auction.  Nor can you offer promissory notes for
> such.
>
> They say that the only alcohol allowed is for
> personal
> use.  It can be used in cooking, however.<
>
> The newer rulings on alcohol are much less strict.
> You and you group cannot
> use SCA funds for the purchase and serving of an
> alcoholic beverage, but if
> you and your group as individuals choose to offer
> other individuals an
> alcoholic beverage which you have purchased with
> your own funds, you're
> fine.

Yes that is mostly true.  That is what I meant by
personal use.  However, you cannot advertise that
alcohol is part of your menu, regardless of who pays
for it.  No feast steward, feastocrat, kitchen god or
whatever you want to call the position can put alcohol
on the menu.  The only alcohol allowed is what the
individual diner brings on his/her own. No taverns are
allowed at wars, regardless of who is paying for the
alcohol.  And you still cannot offer alcohol as a
gift, or a promisory note for such, to any monarch
regardless of whether you are giving it as one
individual to another individual.

Huette