SC - Orange Omelette - original recipe

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Sep 19 10:16:23 PDT 1999

_To the Queen's Taste_ by Lorna J. Sass, has a few Elizabethan root veggie
recipes:

Lumbardy Tartes - diced red beets, currants and cheese baked in a pie
Pudding in a Turnep Root - turnips stuffed w/ apples and currants
Quelquechose - parsnips and marigolds in orange juice.

I have made the quelquechose and it is pretty tasty.  It's like
candied/sugared carrots in Peg Bracken's _I hate to cook_ book.

_Dining with William Shakespeare_ by Madge Lorwin

white radishes (cooked w/ honey)
boiled beets and fresh greens sallet
stewed turnips on sippits
raw turnip sallat
lumbardy (beet) tarte
soops of carrots (honeyied carrot soppets)
raw white radishes w/ bread
boiled carrot sallet

in service

Ariann