SC - Catfish

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 03:56:42 PDT 1999

Ana, don't forget that what the church required varied from region to
region.  When St. Augustine turned up in Wales he had fits at the way things
were already done there, and considered we were as good as pagan, because we
were affiliated with the Coptic Church at that time, which I think is the
See of St. Mark (somebody correct me, I'm out of my depth) as opposed to the
See of St. Peter.  And one of the things Augustine wanted to enforce was the
celibacy of the clergy.

Cairistiona