Galingale (was Re: SC - Spices in Poland)

Nick Sasso njs at mccalla.com
Tue Sep 21 08:44:31 PDT 1999

Bonne wrote:
>She mentioned that she doesn't know what to do about a
>non-alcholic drink to serve with the meal, nor what to do about dessert.
>What does that big, bad, Mongol eat anyway?

If he is that big and bad, would he be drinking non-alcoholic? I guess he
would prefer some airag (fermented mare´s milk, also known as kumiss). A
non-alcoholic Mongolian alternative would be süütei tsai, a milky, salty
green tea, sometimes with a lump of rancid butter mixed in, which I
understand the Mongols are very keen on.

I may be wrong but I don´t think there is such a thing as a Mongolian
dessert. At least I was unable to find any when I was writing about
Mongolian cooking for my mailing list recently.

Nanna