SC - Wild Boar REC ?OOP

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 09:54:32 PDT 1999

>Bonne wrote:
> >She mentioned that she doesn't know what to do about a
> >non-alcholic drink to serve with the meal, nor what to do about dessert.
> >What does that big, bad, Mongol eat anyway?

Nanna comments:
>If he is that big and bad, would he be drinking non-alcoholic?

If his beverage is being purchased with SCA funds, YES.  Though he and his
friends might enjoy all sorts of drinks from their own provisions, the cook
must provide non-alcoholic drinks for the populace.  If there isn't
something from any of the three cultures, it'll be ice water and/or lemonade
and/or iced tea.

I guess he
>would prefer some airag (fermented mare´s milk, also known as kumiss). A
>non-alcoholic Mongolian alternative would be süütei tsai, a milky, salty
>green tea, sometimes with a lump of rancid butter mixed in, which I
>understand the Mongols are very keen on.

I doubt that would go over too well!

>I may be wrong but I don´t think there is such a thing as a Mongolian
>dessert. At least I was unable to find any when I was writing about
>Mongolian cooking for my mailing list recently.

Well, that leaves the cossacks or the huns to bring dessert!

Bonne