SC - I'm Back

Elysant@aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 19:11:34 PDT 1999

cclark at vicon.net wrote:

> Bonne wrote:
> >>I may be wrong but I don´t think there is such a thing as a Mongolian
> >>dessert. At least I was unable to find any when I was writing about
> >>Mongolian cooking for my mailing list recently.
> >
> >Well, that leaves the cossacks or the huns to bring dessert!
>
> Huns? No problem. The Huns can just consult Apicius. They're on speaking
> terms with the Romans, after all. :-) Sometimes even on their payroll.
>
> Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon

Um, not _those_ Huns...

I assume the Huns referred to in connection with Mongols and Cossacks
are the ones that didn't leave Central Asia long before Our Story
Begins. You know: the bad guys in Mulan.

Not Atilla's people, who never got over their boss dying of post-coital
nosebleed. Hey, is this evidence of the unhealthfulness of Hungarian
food? Atilla prolly had very high blood pressure...maybe it was just
being raised by Romans.

Both groups of Huns seem to have a common ancestry, though.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com