Indian mushroom relish was SC - Ham

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Sep 23 12:05:16 PDT 1999

	Cairistiona wrote:
	My usual indoor smoking technique is one I took from Elizabeth
Cheong (Tiny
	Delights) which she uses for fish.  Basically get one wok, pile
green tea in
	the bottom, put a cake rack on top, then the meat or fish and a lid
of some
	kind.  Put it on the lowest heat possible on the stove, and leave
for an
	hour.  Don't forget to reseason the wok afterwards because the tea
sticks to
	it, and you may also need to clean the ceiling if you do this
regularly.

Fascinating! I'd like to do some smoking but a) I live in a small apartment
sans garden or balcony and b) I'm allergic (or 'energetically intolerant'
for those who wish to quibble over medical terms) to cooked or smoked fish.
Can you / have you used this recipe for other items such as salami,
sausages, etc? If not, do you know of anything similar?

Al Vostro e al Servizio del Sogno
Lucretzia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at geocities.com | http://www.geocities.com/~thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536