SC - [Fwd: [Summits] Interesting News Item]

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 10:01:08 PDT 1999

> > reindeer ham...
>
>I'm pretty sure, of all the odd places, Macy's Cellar selling reindeer
>ham, I think it was something like bundnerfleisch, a fairly light salt
>cure and partially air-dried.
>
>Adamantius

Well, I would of expected to have to go to New York in order to just walk
into a local store and buy it.  But I'm in Durham, NC and the closest I
might come would be finding venison ham, or finding someone willing to
process a deer leg into ham.  But if Macy's does have it, then I can
probably manage to order from them (or save money by finding their supplier
and ordering from them.)

The other option was sweet talking Nanna into tracking it down there and
shipping it.  What a round of fun I could enjoy with customs officials if it
comes to that!  Whee!

Bonne