SC - Re: Welcome to sca-cooks

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sat Sep 25 08:11:50 PDT 1999

So, what you're saying is it was worth it.

I am intrigued by what you found. I have found some info on guilds helpfull
in getting the regulations about food see "Women in the Medieval Town", Erika
Uitz.I am personally beginning a search on ovens ( I would like to contstruct
a portable baking oven). I will refer back to your email when I begin my
research.

In terms of the fee, it begins at $5 and goes up for every minute used
searching. They have told me that I can't do it myself. They have to. Which
really seems unfair, as they may miss a title reference to cooking.

I also did some looking this am, at the Smithsonian site, I may have found
the article. I need more time to review the list I compiled. It was your
mention of Andalusia that triggered it. I'll keep everyone posted.

"Maino de Maineri's early 14th century Opusculum de Saporibus, roughly,
Little Book of Condiments,a sauce book in Latin,"

Any chances of getting ahold of that one, for us liguistically challenged
folk, in English?

Hauviette