SC - OOP - Ancient Chinese cuisine recipes found in Han dynasty tomb

Valoise Armstrong varmstro at zipcon.net
Sun Sep 26 11:43:54 PDT 1999

hey all and espceially Brighid from Anne-Marie

I was told:
>My lady, I know you said this humorously, but I must implore you not to
>perpetuate the myth that eating sugar causes diabetes.

nah, I was referring to the fact that if I eat sugar I get all wonky. My
body apparently does not handle sugar the way some folks can. Since I have
diabetes in my family, and no one in my family is without some sort of
sugar problem (both hyperglycemia and hypo), I am taking discretion as the
better part of valor and tend to stay away from it (with mixed success, I
must admit).

Eating sugar does not cause diabetes (as far as we know). But logic
suggests that IF your islets are asked to work overtime, any potential
problems are that much more likely to evidence themselves. Like you
shouldnt smoke if your family has a history of breast cancer. Eating lots
of fibrous veggies is a good idea if you have a familial tendancy towards
colon cancer. And I try and avoid loads of sugar, since it makes me all
loopy :). Not that anyone could tell...and I'll be the first to admit that
loopy does not diabetes make.

hope this helps clarify my point...and I now return you to your regularly
scheculed food discussion :)...
- --AM