SC - butchering rabbits

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Sep 28 10:10:06 PDT 1999

- -Poster <Elysant at aol.com>

Ras said
>>Would it be possible to take this particular thread private? I understand
>>the need to pre-plan Pennsic classes but since this subject is so esoteric,
>>potentially distasteful to many people on the list and specifically is
>>referring to the planning of a specific project involving a minimal number
>>of list members another forum may be more appropriate with the final
>>details being offered after the project is completed.

then Anya said
>I think that in the interest of making this class as interesting as possible
>to all on the list the more open discussion there is the better.

I think not.  There are people on this list who would not wish to be subject
to this discussion.  The point is that not everyone (including myself) is
gung ho about reading posts about slaughtering animals; it is a minority
interest.

I have read Papa Gunthar's post saying this is a suitable topic for this
list, however, I would ask please that list members take other members'
feelings into account when thinking of initiating a discussion of such
emotionally laden subjects as this. Not all of us like it, and deleting
threads to avoid it shouldn't be the answer.

I agree with Ras and feel that a discussion of such detail as has been
described in this thread would be best handled in a private forum of people
who wish to read it.

Elysant