SC - Pennsic XXIX Butchering class.

Schumacher, Deborah (AZ15) Deborah.Schumacher at iac.honeywell.com
Tue Sep 28 14:55:34 PDT 1999

Frederich wrote:

>My concern was with all of us doing Thumber that it could be messier and
with my skill level, the butchering would have to be more one on one. <

Ah, OK, I see where you're coming from.

One of the reasons I wanted to do small game is because it is less messy and
easier to do. If you recall, we didn't have a lot of mess with the lamb,
even though he did take much longer than intended to die. Any proper
butchering is going to be a bit messy, but unless you're totally
incompetent, a bit of blood on your hands and maybe the odd droplet on your
pants or shoes ought to be the extent of it. If you'll recall, even though I
took care of the viscera on the lamb, I had blood on my hands but not much
elsewhere. With rabbits, the problem is much simpler and smaller- the pig,
if we do it, should be less messy than the lamb.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio