SC - gazpacho and Rome

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 14:01:40 PDT 1999

Nanna wrote:

>conforme al guito de cada uno."

>Now 18th century Spanish is not my strong point but my first attempt at
>translating would go something like: "A type of soup made of vegetables
>chopped up evenly, with bread torn in pieces, oil, vinegar, garlic and
>other(?) ingredients ..." (don´t know about the last bit). You Spanish
>speakers out there, can you translate this, please?

"Conforme al gusto de cada uno" would be the modern version..."according to each one's
taste".  While I, too, am not an expert on 18th century Spanish, I have taken some
linguistics courses and it would seem that there might be some typos in the quoted
Spanish which would lead to difficulties in translation.

Alys Katharine