SC - lines from recipes.

Helen helen at directlink.net
Wed Sep 1 11:50:04 PDT 1999

Nana said:

> I still have that problem with some ingredients you measure in cups (like, if
> a recipe says "6
> cups chopped cabbage" or something like that, how on earth do you know how
> much cabbage to buy?)

I agree with that.  You have to have a reference.  I like it when they say 6
cups and in (quotes) one med. head of cabbage.   My favorite is "boil the hog
jowl till tender"   If I had not looked it up, I would not known till to late, I
had to start my new years day blackeyed peas an hour earlier than planned. That
is why notes are nice in recipes too.  I like reading how something came out or
how they alter the recipe.  BTW I have also found many UK recipes on the web are
far kinder to include the conversions for me, than most US sites.  Including
mine <blush>.

Helen