SC - sausages

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Wed Sep 1 16:39:57 PDT 1999

Here comes some recipes of traditional sausages or "chorizos", taken
from Spanish and South American recipes. I can guess in SA they are
definitive OUP, since the Aztecas or Incas had not pigs. But in Spain
they were used along the Middle Age.

Take the innards of the pig (heart, liver, lungs, some fat)
Cut it all in small pieces
Add a lot of salt
Add sweet pimiento, spicy pimiento, oregan, several cloves of garlic, a
little part of water
Let it be two or three days
Knead it twíce every day
If its to dry, add more water
Take off the garlic cloves and put the hole into the tripe
Hang it over the fire and let the smoke dry it

Pigblood
Cooked Rice
Onions
Garlic
Spices (Peppar, Cummin)
Pigmeat

Fry the onions and the garlic in some oil
Fry the meat until brown, cut in small pieces
Mix with the cooked rice
Add spices
Mix with the pigblood until it thickens
When you got a kind of bland "dough", put into tripes and close them at
the extremes

Sweet Bloodsausage

Pigblood
Breadcrumbs
Cloves
Raisins
Pinenuts
Wine
Pigmeat

Fry the meat and mash it down
Mash the cloves and the pinenuts
Cut the raisins in small parts
Mix with the breadcrumbs
Add the wine
Put into tripes
Close in each extreme

I apologize if the translation is rough, I have very little idea how to
translate the different parts of a pig, and all the recipes are written
in Spanish dialects, not in castillan.

Ana
- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster