SC - scadianisms

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Sep 2 00:13:56 PDT 1999

> Yes, but at least "eric" has an SCA story (history) behind it, as opposed to
> just being a word used to substitute for something that doesn't sound
> medieval. The use of "eric" is part of the SCA culture deriving (as I
> understand it) from the old red ribbon/fabric used to mark the list field
> which was fondly called "Eric the Red" by those who used it... It was later
> shortened to Eric and extrapolated by others to denote the list boundary
> long after the orignal "eric" was no longer used.
>
> Or so I have been told.
>
> Caitlin of Enniskillen

This what I've been told. But it is a West Kingdom thing, not a Scadian
thing. For more details on this, I think it is covered in one of these
files in the SCA-STORIES section of my Florilegium:
SCA-hist1-msg     (86K)  5/15/92    Msgs on the history of the SCA until 5/92.
SCA-hist2-msg    (122K)  8/20/94    Msgs on the history of the SCA until 8/94.
SCA-hist3-msg    (106K)  9/22/98    Msgs on the history of the SCA.
West-hist-msg     (31K)  4/10/98    Histories of the West Kingdom.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****