SC - The Color Blue

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Thu Sep 2 01:40:44 PDT 1999

If I may be so bold as to add a potential eighth:
8. The combination of blackberries and blanched almonds, as in that
Cerulean Sauce for Summer, found in the Redon "The Medieval Kitchen".
This would be a deep purplish blue. I've seen indigo-colored mawmenny
made from ground boiled chicken meat, ground blanched alomonds, red
wine, and various other ingredients, so apparently the almonds and the
red juicy stuff produce this effect.

And it's pretty tasty too, the lord who did it for the sauces classes
at Pennsic, did a wonderful job, just make sure you use fresh
berries, I guess the frozen ones have a color preservitive, and so it
will remain purple instead of changing to blue like it's supposed to.

Fiona