SC - Powder Douce

Susan P Laing Susan.P.Laing at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Mon Sep 6 00:40:42 PDT 1999

Apologies if this is a repost - my Computer Boffins have advised that some of my
mail failed to be sent last week!

_________________________________
Francesco wrote -
> And our powder forte and powder douce are made to actual 14th century
> Italian
> recipes. >[PS We do have powder douce now, and I'll be getting it onto the
> web-catalogue in a day or >two].)
>
> (from Cooks digest #1600)

Francesco -

What is the main difference between Powder forte & Powder douce?  Is Powder
douce required in many period recipes??

Mari
(considering adding to her spice chest again)

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads, or
of Queensland Transport. If you have received this electronic
mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and delete the message from your computer.