SC - Re: Redacting, Reconstruction and more

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Sep 7 14:56:15 PDT 1999

At 3:05 PM -0400 9/7/99, RuddR at aol.com wrote:

>Why post redactions to this list, or publish them in collections, if one
>don't want anyone to use them?

I didn't say I didn't want anyone to use them.

Using my redactions is better than doing modern cooking for feasts, less
good (more precisely, less fun and interesting, although also less time
consuming) than doing your own redactions from primary sources. The recipes
in the _Miscellany_ are there for people whose alternative is not doing
period cooking, the cookbook collections are there to give people the
alternative of working from the original sources. And part of the idea is
that people first go from Fanny Farmer to the Miscellany, and then from
there to _Le Menagier_ or _Manuscrito Anonimo_.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/