SC - Medlars in Australia

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Wed Sep 8 17:06:23 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

Medlars are indeed difficult to obtain and I have never seen the fruit sold
commercially.  I recently managed to find a nursery in Australia that sells
them:

Unicorn Gardens
Ballarat-Colac Rd
DEREEL VIC 3352
Ph: 03 - 5346 1562
Email: unicorngardens at easymail.telstra.com.au

And the proprietor, Julie, looks like becoming an SCA member.

My Nottingham has just started to show green buds in the last couple of
days, but the Dutch still looks dead. However according to my Botanica,
Canberra is in hardiness Zone 8 (if that translates well to the rest of the
world).

Meliora.