SC - SC-OT-For Cooking Laurels/Pelicans

Rayne/Richard PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net
Thu Sep 9 08:54:52 PDT 1999

One of the things that works out well for us is the current usage of most Peers to have
belt colors for their students (red for squires, green for apprentices and yellow for
protégés).  My husband and I travel throughout the Known World (he is a Master
Electrician).  i.e. We spent a few months in St. Louis, 6 months south of SLC, Utah, and
just finished four months in Louisiana. as well as just about everywhere else  :-)
"Coming to an area near you soon!"  (smiling- but really leaving for Tempe/PHX in a few
days!)

When we show up for the first meeting with our "calling cards" (my word) showing, Peers
and students make an effort to come up and ask "who is on the other end of that belt?".
Many people from different places actually KNOW our Peers and even those that don't tend
to take us under their wing (good Pelican verbiage) and help, guide and teach us while
we are temporality there in their lands.   I (and my lord) have learned much from the
teachers we have met in other places and feel grateful that they freely add to our
instruction for the short time we play with them.  I honestly have found that without my
"belt", I would be ignored "as a transient".  "She is only going to be here for a few
weeks or so, not enough time to get to know her or let her help or learn"  Part of being
a protégé is giving and learning service.  My relationship with my Peer allows me to do
this more easily as we travel.

Rayne