SC - oop recipe request toaster Biscuits

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Fri Sep 10 14:14:22 PDT 1999

At 03:33 PM 9/10/99 -0500,Helen said something like:
>Hi,
>     Any bakers out there want to tell me what a toaster Biscuit is?  My
>husband keeps asking for them and this cajun has not heard of them.  He
>says it is a less leathery english muffin.  Any help would greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Helen

I'm not sure the toaster biscuit is still available commercially. About ten
years ago there was a bakery product introduced by Oroweat, supposedly from
Australia, called a 'toaster biscuit'. It was a very light, fluffy and soft
english muffin shaped object that had a stronger 'bread' flavor than your
average english muffin.  They were nice, but ... too expensive. I haven't
seen them the last few years, sorry.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.