SC - Laurel vs Pelican for cooking

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Sep 10 22:22:39 PDT 1999

Hey all from Anne-Marie

we are told:
>> Please let me throw my 2 cents in here.
>>     Yes, when feeding hungry people you are doing a service. BUT developing
>> the recipes, putting together a menu, cooking the food so that it is a
>> pleasure to eat, arranging good *looking* food on the platter, working out
>> the cooking times and methods and the serving order etc so that everything
>> comes out hot at the same time......THAT'S an ART!!!

so by this logic, if I cook a big pot of chili to feed fighters at a war
and serve it in paper bowls, and no one wants it because its icky chili (I
am not good at chili, see :)), or all cold by the time its served, I still
get a Pelican?

As a Pelican, one of the things we look at is how good they are at what
they do. Are the events they run good events, ie smooth and no one gets run
over by constables with golf carts, dont lose too much money, everyone has
fun, nobody had to call the fire department or cops too many times, the
site owners are happy, etc.

By this same yardstick, one can cook feasts that are good feasts, ie smooth
and no one gets eaten by the commercial dishwasher, dont lose too much
money, everyone has fun, nobody has to call the fire department or cops too
many times, the site owners are happy, etc.

see my point? :)

- --AM