SC - trenchers

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Sep 11 08:01:36 PDT 1999

At 8:56 AM -0500 9/11/99, Mike  Young wrote:
>First let me thank all of you who responded to my plea for favorite sweets.
> I'm planning to try the funnel cake recipe out of the Miscelleny.
>I think we've discussed my next problem before but I don't seem to have a
>record of it.  I want to use trenchers at an up-coming event.  I looked in
>the Florigium and found some discussion but no recipes.  Is it there and
>I'm missing it?  If not, could someone share a recipe?  As always I
>appreciate any help.

My favorite sweets (incidentally) are gingerbrede, khushkananaj, Marakaba,
The Leafy Dish, and Hulwa (all in the current edition of the Miscellany).

What we used to do for trenchers long ago was to get a baker to make us
small, flat, round loaves and then cut them in half, giving two circular
bread "plates."

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University