SC - RE: Onions

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Sep 12 15:42:23 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/11/99 1:46:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< The Asian markets around here call
 them garlic chives >>

Interesting. I also grow garlic chives which are much smaller and
distinctively different in taste. Looks like I have a search on my hands. :-)
Does anyone happen to have a telephone number for Guerney's which is where I
originally purchased my walking onions? Due to circumstances and the
intervening years I no longer have this info available and a web search for
the company came up negative. I would like to contact them about these onions
and see if I can tack down the specific names for (scientific and otherwise)
for the apparently differing plants called Egyptian Walking onions. Thanks in
advance.

Ras