Alcohol policy-was Re: SC - Russian embassy meal

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 18:53:46 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/14/99 12:48:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
roecourt at mindspring.com writes:

<< Is this clear enough for those debating this? I'm sorry to be upset but I
am
 sweating blood over this feast,  >>

Some of us are on your side, Anya. And IF it were an OFFICIAL feast some of
the advice presented goes a long way toward helping others find a way around
this overly restrictive policy which clearly discriminates against serving
authentically period like feasts at official SCA functions. For instance, a
French feast in the Middle Ages ALWAYS served assorted wines throughout the
feast and ALWAYS ended with Hypocras. Since my October feast is French I can
not bill it as authentic because of the current SCA's restrictive policies.
:-( Of course, I am serving  the rest of the feast authentically and a friend
of mine just happened to have a  gift of money  given to him by an anonymous
donor which means that the Hypocras , if not the wine will be  present
despite the restrictions. :-)

When I ask questions on the list I usually just pick out the posts that
pertain to my situation and ignore the rest. It makes for a lower blood
pressure and allows others access to information that may not pertain to my
specific situation.

Ras