SC - help!

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 15 05:58:49 PDT 1999

Somehow I managed to get in a situation that at least for now I am both the
autocrat and the head cook.  So here's what I have decided to try and do.

I do have a deputy autocrat, so I'm not quite so scared. Also, for our last
event, we had two seperate cooks doing the feast and the sideboard.  I was
involved in the sideboard group.  We had about 5 people in this group and
everyone did one or two dishes for the sideboard and we had one person who
coordinated the whole endeavor.

This worked so well, it was fun, and the dishes came out good.  So I
decided to do this for this feast.  So far I have figured out that if each
person has 3 dishes for the feast, they should be dishes that are not in
the same course, or if they are in the same course we need to be careful
about preparing time, etc.  I also know that whoever coordinates the
kitchen will have to watch oven times, stove times, etc.  I think the
kitchen is big enough that we  won't have a problem with that.

The last part I am still struggling with is the following:

We are trying to do a theme event, maybe theme isn't the right word, we
want the day to be from all the same time period.  We are reenacting the
Battle of Stamford Bridge which is an Icelandic saga.  It occurred in 1066
in Stamford Bridge which is near York, England.  I have no idea where would
be the best source for recipes/menus.  What I had originally wanted to do
is to redact the entire menu, but it looks like I won't be able to do that
for this event.  Any help people could give in recipe sources, both already
redacted and not redacted would be very helpful.  Also any helpful hints
that anyone could provide would also be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, if there is anyone on the list who was thinking of attending our
event please feel free to stop by the kitchen so you can see if I have any
sanity left!  ; - )

	Angeline
</b>Lady Angeline di Aquila,  Seneschal Dominion of Myrkfaelinn,
Kingdom of Aethelmearc<br>
mka-Angie Malone, Ithaca, NY<br>
interested in sewing, cooking,  and thrown weapons <br>