SC - Dragon Stew (recipe)Period Political Correctness

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:20:11 PDT 1999

>I had believed that other than the dragons in Indonesia, most
>dragons are now an endangered species and thus protected by international
>law.  Are you sure your recipe is redacted properly or that your source is
>valid.  At best this would be a period like dish.  Why spread the
> >historical inaccuracy.

Try subsituting your local herald for the dragon, they're not an
endangered species and there's at least one in every shire...and
more will come with the vacancy

>And Your butchering method is barbaric. Hitting the animal until dead could
>take awhile and thus cause the animal undue pain and suffering. IF you
>can't
>put the animal down in one blow its cruel and human.

Since Heraldry itself is cruel and inhuman (at least by my Irish
viewpoint)then it could be termed as self-defense and using the local
shire copy of the armourial would be humane as possible (they weigh,
what? 6-700 pounds each?).  You could also lay a stick trap by tilting the
armourial up with a sturdy rod and dispatch the herald quickly that way by
leaving a badge submission form as bait...

>And the cooking method, over a fire would use so much wood that you >would
>deforest a national park.  You would be responsible for Acid >rain, and the
>ozone layer thinning if not disappearing entirely.  >Thus either enteral
>cold or warming depending upon which RUM theory >you follow.

Yet another reason to use the herald.  Fuel consumprion and thoughts
for our beloved environment  dictate that this is the "politically
correct" course of action.

Forgive me for my rant, I must now lapse back into sanity.

(serious part begins here)

I'm looking for source material to build an ISBN list and other resources
for my cooking library.  I need suggestions and as
I now have your attention (I hope) I could use the help.

The actual practice of cooking I have a grasp of, what I need
now is background and knowledge.

Cadoc MacDairi
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

"Dream of the the pictures
That run in the night
See us together
Chasing the moonlight"